Every student after higher secondary will look upon higher studies. That is a quite stressful situation when someone asks you what next? No middle-class teenager will not cross his or her teenage without hearing this question. This question will also come to you after your UG and that is the most stressful moment in your life bet let us discuss this question that will come for the first time.
So many of the south Indians are not aware of these top colleges and most of the middle-class parents select the colleges to their children only on the motive of placement.
How to Judge is a Best College
Placement is a mandatory thing, I accept but more important thing than placement is quality education.
After twelfth standard or PUC, toppers will choose MBBS and the second level will choose Engineering and the average rank holders will choose Arts and Science. This is the basic ideology of students who all are passes there higher secondary.
Choosing Engineering or Medical or Arts and Science is not a bad idea but what college that we going to choose will decide our future. Remember education is a serious business in India. So choose wisely by knowing your business.
Basic things for good colleges.
What should a good college have? Good infrastructure, proper library, city side campus, talented faculties, better sports grounds, good hostel facilities. These are all just a part but the main thing is standard. Your afterlife is written by today’s college so think about it.
I am going to list the top 5 colleges in South India and this list is based on the Hindu newspaper survey report 2019. This list has medical, engineering, and Arts and science colleges.
IIT is one of the institutions which give world-class education. There are a number of IITs in India but in that IIT Madras is the top one. The courses offered by IIT Madras are B Tech, 5 years integrated B Tech and M Tech, BS, MS, Post Graduate Diploma, MSC, MA, MBA. Doctorate studies and post-doctorate studies are also available here. Totally there are 59 courses in 4 streams.
For Engineering studies, students have to appear to the JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams and for Business studies, students are selected from the CAT entrance exam. IIT Madras is one of the top IIT’S in India so to get the seat in it students have to score more in JEE or whatever exam they write.
- There are three steps to go for getting into the IIT. First, a student has to appear for JEE Main, and after passing JEE main that student has to appear for JEE Advanced and the last stage is JoSSA counseling.
- It is online counseling which is to select the respective college and courses. This exam is conducted by HSEE and IIT JAM.
- To know more information about IIT Madras kindly visit their official website https://www.iitm.ac.in/.
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore is also one of a world standard institution. It is a TATA group institution.
It was first established in the year 1909 and it is the nation’s number one institution for engineering, science, advanced research, and management studies.
Nearly 4200 students are studying them. It has 42 departments and the area of the campus is nearly 440 acres
- For BS, B.Tech, and Science science studies students have to clear the KVPY, JEE, and NEET exams.
- M Tech, Mmgt, MDes studies students have to clear GATE or JEST or CAT or CEED or GMAT exams.
- BSC students have to clear JAM or JEST entrance exams.
- For Doctorate and Post Doctorate students have to clear NET or GATE or Inspire exams.
Prof. Satish Dhawan laid the directorship of IISC and ISRO simultaneously. Lots of experts’ hands made this institution as a remarkable one.
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. It is located in Pondicherry.
Students have to clear the JIPMER entrance exam to get into this college.
Courses offered in this institution are BSC and MSC In the stream of general and Nursing medical studies. MBBS, MS, MD, and MS research studies are also offered here.
This institution is one of the greatest in medical studies and the JIPMER entrance exam is not as tough like NEET or AIIMS exams. It is full and fully computerized online exam contains 200 questions and students have to answer it in the duration of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- This institution was first established on 1st January 1823 which is 196 years old.
- It was established by ‘Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry’ which came under the French government and in the year of 1956, it was named as JIPMER.
- The area of the campus is approximately 195 acres.
Bishop Heber Arts & Science College Trichy.
Bishop Heber is a Christian art and science institution which was started in 1966. It is actually a school that was built in 1762 and later in 1882, it became the first-grade college. Later in 1934, it was merged with Madras Christian College and it is the first college in Trichy city.
- It has UG and PG courses in arts and science stream and it also has diploma certification courses and some research programs are also available.
- Students can do their degree as well as part-time and full time.
- The admission basis depends on the higher secondary marks and Christian students are first preferred.
Loyola College Chennai
Loyola is an autonomous college in the arts and science stream which is affiliated to the University of Madras. It is established in 1925 of Roman Catholic origin. The total area of campus is 99 acres.
- Courses offered by this institution are UG and PG streams in Science and Humanities. PG research is also available here.
- Students are admitted to this college based on their higher secondary marks and Christian students are preferred first.
So these are all the top 5 colleges in South India which have good standards and reputation and I hope this article is useful to you.