Overgrowing population in India caused high demand for higher education so to compensate the demand government started many universities and allowed the private institutes to open universities. Later it opened a big market in the education field.
We have some world-class universities this standard came by the hands of both government and private institutions. We have more than thousands of reputed universities. Among those thousands of universities which is the best one? To guide the students I would like to give you a list of top 10 universities in India which is based on the report of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). This list is on ascending order from top 1 to 10.
Top 10 Universities in India
1. Indian Institute of Science
It is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is a TATA group institution and is a world class organization which supports science and research studies and providing good quality education for higher studies. This university is the best in India and it is a huge competition to get admission in this institution. This institution supports research and technology and improves the growth of the students. IISc has the first class infrastructure, campus and library facilities. This is a UGC approved institution and this institution is a member of AIU.
- Courses Offered: UG, PG, UG diploma, PG diploma, and doctoral programs.
Students can choose those degrees in science, Design, Engineering and Management streams.
Admission qualifications: for UG students have to clear their higher secondary with a minimum of 60 percent and for PG students should have a bachelor’s degree in the respective stream.
- Hostel Facilities: campus have separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls and married people can also have limited accommodation.
- Facilities for Students: Campus avail hospital, gym, sports complex, music room, store and library facilities.
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University
It is located in New Delhi. Was started in 1969 and it is one of the top universities in India. JNU collaborates with many foreign universities for research and higher studies. This institution is active with MoUs with national and international universities for students and faculty exchanges. This institution also hosts global degree programs. It is approved by UGC and accredited by AIU
- Courses Offered: All UG, PG, and Doctoral courses are offering here. Various streams like Humanities, science, social science, law, engineering, literature, and molecular medicine studies are available.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students have to pass their higher secondary graduation for UG and for PG students have to complete the Bachelor’s degree.
- Fee Structures: For Indian students fee range varies from 500 to 1000 per semester. It is tuition fee only. For foreign students, it varies from 500 to 700 dollars per semester.
- Hostel: Separate hostel facilities are available for Boys and Girls and one independent block is available for married students. There can be 5500 students can accommodate. Hostels are well furnished and equipped with general needs.
- Facilities: High-class library, equipped gym, cafeteria, stores, and medical facilities are available.
3. Anna University
It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This institution has 3 main campuses in Chennai and 5 branches in and around Tamil Nadu. Nearly 552 colleges are affiliated by this university. The main campus is located in Guindy, Chennai which was established in 1978 this campus is the first started in 1839. It is the first engineering college in India. The second campus is in Chrompet, Chennai. It is called as MIT campus (Madras Institute of Technology). The third campus is located in Tharamani, Chennai.
- Courses Offered: It offers 29 UG and 90PG courses in university departments and 41 UG and 54 PG courses in affiliated institutions. All the courses are Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Applied Science streams.
- Eligibility Criteria: For UG students have to pass their higher secondary graduation for PG students have to clear Their UG degree. The admission process is done by common counseling method. And for other state students, AIEEE entrance exam is available.
- Hostel Facilities: Separate hostels available for Boys and Girls. Which is well furnished and equipped with the basic needs. Rooms are allotted on the basis of their Nativity. Native state people, NRI, and Foreign students.
- Other Facilities: Cafeteria, Gym, Store, hospital, WiFi enabled campus, high-class library and sports complex are also available here.
4. University of Hyderabad
It is located in Hyderabad, Telangana. It was established in 1974 and this institution is financed by UGC. To support the IT hub this institution provides it’s a big role. It approved by UGC and NAAC and it is the member of AIU and ACU
- Courses Offered: All PG courses are available. MPhil, MTech and MSc courses are available.
- Admission Process: Admission is done by merit basis and students have to clear their degree is the basic qualification.
- Facilities: High-class hostel, library, shopping center, sports complex, gym, and cafeteria are available.
5. Jadavpur University
It is located in Kolkata West Bengal. was established in 1955. JU is one of the top 85 universities in Asia and it is the 11th place of Asian Engineering colleges ranking.
- Courses Offered: UG and PG courses in various streams like Arts, Science, Engineering and Technology. It also has doctoral programs.
- Admission Criteria: Admission is done by JEE entrance exam for UG and GATE for PG courses.
- Hostel Facilities: There are 16 hostels in the campus 9 for boys and 6 for girls. Research scholars have a separate hostel. Hostels are well furnished and equipped with a gym.
6. University of Delhi
It is located in New Delhi. It was established in 1922. This university has 80 academic departments. With separate hostels for men and women. Courses offered are UG, PG, and Ph.D. in Engineering, arts and science streams.
It is approved by NAAC and UGC and it is the member of ACU.
7. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
It is located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu has more value in research studies. AVV has 3 campuses in 3 states Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka. All UG and PG courses are available here with high-class Hostel facilities it is Approved by NAAC.
There are three more universities to end our list those universities are in a good standard which has high tech hostel and lab facilities. The admission process in those universities is the same by Joint Entrance Examination in the merit basis.
Those three Universities are,
8. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
9. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
10. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
These universities are approved by UGC and NAAC which has all UG PG and Ph.D. courses. In that Manipal university is very much support full to Research scholars.