Our government’s key task is to run the country and keep it going forward. The complex interests of the people as a whole should be considered, and a “push” should be offered where possible. Both the state and federal governments have launched various programmes from which people can reap. However, in a world with a population in the billions, deciding who is actually eligible for what form of gain is challenging. As a result, the government grants different forms of certifications in exchange for valid evidence. The Salary Certificate is one example of this form of qualification. It may be used to benefit from programmes where qualifying is determined by the person’s or his family’s annual salary. Learn how to get an income certificate online.
How to Get Income Certificate Online
An Income Certificate is a form issued by a State Government body that certifies a person’s or his family’s annual income from all sources. The particular body responsible for awarding such a certificate varies by jurisdiction. The certificate is usually issued by Village Tahsildars, although certain states and union territories still have District Magistrate/ Collector, Revenue Circle Officers, Sub Divisional Magistrates, or other District Authorities named for this function. This credential is also known as an ‘EWS certificate’ in some sections of the region, which stands for ‘Economically Weaker Section Certificate.’ Get all the information about how to get an income certificate online.
Uses of Income Certificate
As previously mentioned, the income certificate serves as a confirmation of registration for various programmes and incentives provided by the State Government in a variety of fields. Among these areas are, but are not limited to:
- Educational institutions usually have a quota reserved for people from economically poorer backgrounds. This certificate helps them secure admission either free of cost or at a concession.
- Scholarships offered by some institutions/ governments targeting the upliftment of the poor.
- Availment of medical benefits like free or concessional treatment, subsidized medicines, financial assistance to mothers who give birth to a girl child, etc.
- Obtaining loans from the respective government employers at a concessional rate of interest.
- Providing relief to victims of various natural calamities and disasters.
- Widows who can claim government pension wherever applicable.
- Claiming entitlement to hostels, flats or other such government
How to obtain an income certificate online
Most states have a dedicated platform for certain administration-related operations, which can be used to apply for the credential. The protocol will be as follows:
- Go to the respective State/ District online portal to apply for the certificate
- Register by creating an account on the website with a unique username and password secured with the mobile number.
- Login to your account and look for ‘Apply for income certificate’ or similar terms.
- This will open up an online application where your personal details need to be filled or uploaded. Such details include:
- Name, age/ DOB, address (including district/ taluka/ village), sex, etc.
- Ration card / Driving License/ Voter’s ID or such other ID proof
- Aadhar card – Nowadays, the Aadhar number is compulsory since it is used to uniquely identify a person and prevent fraudulent claims
- Religion, caste and sub-caste.
- Whether SC/ ST/ OBC and details therein.
- Parent income certificate, Income tax return, Form 16 by the employer, Salary certificate, etc as proof of income (May require attestation by Gazetted Government Officers)
- Rent, Maintenance, Electricity, telephone or any other utility bills as proof of address. (May require attestation by Gazetted Government Officers)
- Affidavit declaring that all particulars stated in the application are true
After collecting all of the required paperwork, the application must be submitted at the local district authority’s office or posted electronically, based on the facilities provided by the respective state. The programme will pay a small charge, based on the state in which it is used. The credential is then given within 10 to 15 days.
If your state/ web district’s infrastructure does not support the online downloading of records, you may need to email hard copies of the same to the office of your concerned district authority. The application fee is minimal and can differ from one state to the next. Any states will also ask you to sign an affidavit indicating that any of the material in the document is accurate to the extent of the experience and conviction. Normally, the salary certificate is given within 10 to 15 official days.
Documents Required for Obtaining Income Certificate
i. Identity proof such as
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- RSBY Card
- MGNREGA Job Card
- Identity card issued by a government or semi-government organizations
ii. Address proof such as
- Voter’s ID Card
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Land Allotment Passbook
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
iii. Passport-size coloured photograph of the applicant
iv. Income proof
- Income tax return statement, or
- Salary slip, or
- Form 16 (if salaried)
- Certificate from BDO (for rural areas)
- Certificate from concerned authorities for persons having income from agriculture, horticulture and veterinary sources
v. Age proof such as
- Birth Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
Validity of Income Certificate
- Validity of the income certificate is based on the financial year mentioned in the document.
- The certificate needs to be updated every financial year to ensure validity.
- The old certificate may need to be provided as a key documentary proof required for the issue of an updated income certificate.
Vital Information on the Income Certificate
- Name of applicant
- Name of Parent/ Guardian of the primary applicant
- Address of applicant with the town, district, state, etc.
- Annual income for the applicable financial year
- Date of issue of Income Certificate
- Signature and Seal of issuing State Government authority
State-Wise Online Application Portal for Income Certificate
|Sl.No.||State||Where to apply?|
|1.||Andhra Pradesh||Through the MEESEVA app of the Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|2.||Arunachal Pradesh||Through Arunachal eServices portal of the Government of Arunachal Pradesh|
|3.||Assam||Through e-District services of Assam state portal.|
|4.||Bihar||Through RTPS portal of Bihar Government.|
|5.||Chhattisgarh||Through the e-district portal of Chhattisgarh state.|
|6.||Goa||Through Goa Online portal.|
|7.||Gujarat||Through the Digital Gujarat portal.|
|8.||Haryana||Through the e-Disha portal of Haryana.|
|9.||Himachal Pradesh||Online through Himachal Online Seva (e-District) portal.|
|10.||Jharkhand||Online through Jharkhand e-District (JharSewa) portal.|
|11.||Karnataka||Online through the official website of Nadakacheri AJSK.|
|12.||Kerala||Online through Akshaya portal of the Government of Kerala.|
|13.||Madhya Pradesh||Online through MP e-District portal.|
|14.||Maharashtra||Online through Aaple Sarkar portal of the Government of Maharashtra.|
|15.||Manipur||Through the e-District portal of Manipur.|
|16.||Meghalaya||Through the e-District portal of Meghalaya.|
|17.||Mizoram||Through the e-District portal of Mizoram.|
|18.||Nagaland||Through the e-District portal of Nagaland.|
|19.||Odisha||Apply through the e-District portal of Odisha.|
|20.||Punjab||Through the state portal of Punjab.|
|21.||Rajasthan||Through e-Mitra portal of the Government of Rajasthan.|
|22.||Sikkim||Through the e-Services portal of Sikkim.|
|23.||Tamil Nadu||Through the Tamil Nadu e-Sevai centre|
|24.||Telangana||Through the MeeSeva portal of the Government of Telangana.|
|25.||Tripura||Through e-District portal of Tripura.|
|26.||Uttar Pradesh||Through the e-Saathi web portal|
|27.||Uttarakhand||Through the e-District portal of Uttarakhand.|
|28.||West Bengal||Through West Bengal e-District portal.|
|29.||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Through the official portal of Andaman & Nicobar Administration.|
|30.||Chandigarh||Through Sampark portal of Chandigarh.|
|31.||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Through the official portal of Dadra and Nagar Haveli Administration.|
|32.||Daman and Diu||Through the official portal of Daman and Diu Administration.|
|33.||Delhi||Through e-District portal of Delhi.|
|34.||Jammu and Kashmir||Through Jammu & Kashmir State e-Services.|
|35.||Ladakh||Offline through the Revenue Department.|
|37.||Puducherry||Through e-District portal of Puducherry|
How to track your income certificate application online
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to track your income certificate application online:
- Visit the official online portal of your state/ district
- Login to your account using the username and password created earlier
- Click on the ‘Get Status’ tab
- Enter the application number/ acknowledgement number printed on your acknowledgement slip
- Click ‘submit’ and the status of your application will be displayed on the screen
Hope you have found all the information required about How to Get Income Certificate Online. You can find all such information about life education on our website. If you have any queries or questions, do let us know in the comment section below. We answer all the questions and provide information only after thorough research from trusted sources. Send this to your friends and family and let them know about How to Get Income Certificate Online.